Friday, August 6, 2010

Weekend in CT

So, I'm trying this new thing, where I update the blog every Friday with little posts and pictures of my week. We'll see how this goes - I predict I'll do well for about a month before I need reminding. :)

Last weekend, Mom, Rachel and I hopped in the car at 3am, and headed up north! We only stopped for gas and Wegmans (which is the most amazing grocery store ever, and there happens to be a big on in the middle of Pennsylvania, which is the halfway point for this trip) and were at Rachel's best friend's house by lunch! We all chatted with Celina (who has grown QUITE a bit!) and her mom and the kitties, and then Mom and I headed to the Benitez house. It was just as hectic as ever, with little Davy running all over the place, and Sarah running late for things as usual (I love you Sarah, I really do!!) One of the very very very different things about this trip was that I could actually drive myself around, and I did quite a bit. Mom didn't want to see the play, and Sarah was working backstage, so she had to be there extra early - so I found myself driving to Windsor quite a few times. It was very odd to be driving myself on those roads that I knew so very well, but had never driven before.

I saw all the old faces - Spencer, Cayla, Aaron, and others that I had gotten to know pretty well. the show was Tale of Two Cities, and while the play itself leaves something to be desired, the cast is absolutely amazing! We all went out to Friendly's afterwards, and I managed to get in a few pictures:

Here's Spencer and myself... we both look so old in this! It's hard to believe we're both Sophomores this year!

Sarah and one of the not-so-close friends, Stephanie. She's in Cirillo theater every year, but not as an actor - she plays in the band. I believe this year she played sax and clarinet and oboe.

Cayla and I both look really tired in this picture - by the time it was taken it was past 12:30!!

The weekend went by so quickly, but it was lots of fun. We were all really tired by the time we got home, and had to recooporate for a few days.

One of the things I got to do when we came home was go to court to get my official license. Some of the really weird laws of Virginia require minors to go to court to receive their little plastic license. I'm not really sure why I had to go, seeing as how I'm not a minor, but the judge handed me my ugly little license:I'm not sure why it has to look like this, but peach, grey and green seem to be our new colors. I'm also not sure what exactly happened to the picture, they took at least 3 of them. I guess they picked the worst out of the 3?

That's it for this week. Next week will be rather busy - Thomas and I are going to King's Dominion (which used to be Six Flags) and Rebekah is going down to florida, and Caitlin is coming up to visit with Rachel! And we're all getting ready for school - I start in 3 weeks, and Rachel and Rebekah start up at the beginning of the month.

1 comment:

  1. They wouldn't pick a really smiling picture, figuring you won't be smiling, when you get stopped. Of course, your license is used for more than traffic violations, isn't it? I liked the "tired" picture better. But you're always beautiful! Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete