Friday, August 13, 2010

An Eventful Week

This week has been one of excitement and a little scary. On Monday, Thomas and I had grand plans to go to Kings Dominion - he had gotten of work especially, and we were going to have one day to ourselves before the hecticness of the semester.

However, those plans were changed a little when we got into an accident. We were both ok, rather shaken up, but no injuries. Thomas was driving, and had been spooked by a car honking loudly and coming up fast on his right. He jerked the wheel, lost control, and we spun around and went backwards down a ditch and hit a tree. The car wasn't ok, and we had a bit of a rough morning sorting everything out. Everyone is ok though, and now Thomas is on the market for a new car! We ended up going to King's Dominion anyway (much to the chagrin of both mothers) and had a fun time. Here are some pictures:


Being a typical guy, Thomas likes to eat and eat and eat. He started the day off with a loaded hot dog and ended with frozen lemonade, and lots of little things in the middle. I told him to enjoy this metabolism while it lasts!

Peanut characters are all over the place in King's Dominion, and I couldn't resist giving Snoopy a little kiss as we passed him. :)

One of our little things (that *I* had too) were strawberry milkshakes at the little diner.

I told Thomas he should consider something like this for his next car. I didn't get taken seriously.

At the end of the day, we were just happy that neither of us were hurt. Cars can be replaced - people cannot. I think we're both going to have slight twinges in our backs and necks, but that can be dealt with. I'm already got appointments with the Chiropractor set up!

Rachel's friend Caitlin is here! I took them to the waterpark wednesday, and managed to get a few pictures of them crossing the pool!
I think they had a good time going down the slide, and there's a lazy river!

Plus they get to attempt to walk across these fake wooden things while getting rope burns...

I'm told it's great fun.

I tried this once, and then decided I was better behind the camera!


That's about it for this week. I start my job next tuesday - 3 full days of nannying, and then I start the after-school work the 23rd, which is the same day school starts for me! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. You didn't say what the after school work is. Glad you and Thomas weren't hurt! Sorry about the car, though. That water trick does look like rope-burn time! Brave girls! Love ya! Nana

    ReplyDelete