Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July - and other beach adventures!
















The first beach day - We got an unexpected day off of work when a micro-burst storm shut off all the electricity downtown. So Rebekah, Thomas and I headed on over to the beach, where Rebekah sunned, and Thomas and I played in the lake. Sadly, there are no pictures of me, as I was the one taking them. I need to remedy this fact sometime.

Our 4th celebrations were celebrated on the 3rd - here's the start of the sand sculpture contest we found when we arrived at the beach that morning.

The turtle from Finding Nemo

A sand snowman!!

I thought this was cool how they used colors in the sand!

Thomas and his family came for dinner and fireworks - and here is a picture with me IN it, courtesy of Mr. Vance.
The spread! Chicken, mixed veggies, frog-eye-salad, potato salad, a huge fruit bowl, and cookies and no-one ended up touching. :)

Rebekahhh.

Mrs. Vance and Mr. Vance - they are some of the sweetest people I know.

Victoria, Thomas's little sister. She's 10 today, and such a cutie!!

Rebekah managed to get me in one more picture before the fireworks. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yea, pictures!! What's with the photobucket, blocked image? Are those the R-rated? (Just kidding, of course.) Camp looks like lots of fun. We can't feel the heat and humidity, when we see pictures, but, as long as there is water for swimming, I guess it isn't so bad. Glad to see Thomas' parents and sister.... and each of you and Rebekah! Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete